- This much-anticipated revision, written by the ultimate group of top security experts in the world, features 40 percent new content on how to find security holes in any operating system or application
- New material addresses the many new exploitation techniques that have been discovered since the first edition, including attacking “unbreakable” software packages such as McAfee's Entercept, Mac OS X, XP, Office 2003, and Vista
- Also features the first-ever published information on exploiting Cisco's IOS, with content that has never before been explored
- The companion Web site features downloadable code files
Click here to buy from Amazon
Amazon Price: N/A (as of December 16, 2017 13:09 –
S7 Version 4 Specifications:
1. Hash Rate: 5.06 TH/s ±5%
2. Power Consumption: 1278W (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25C ambient temp)
3. Power Efficiency: 0.25 J/GH (at the wall, with APW3, 93% efficiency, 25°C ambient temp)
4. Rated Voltage: 12.0V+5%, should not be less than 12.0V
5. Chip quantity per unit: 162x BM1385
6. Dimensions: 301mm(L)*123mm(W)*155mm(H)
7. Cooling: 2x 12038 fan
8. Operating Temperature: 0 °C to 40 °C
9. Network Connection: Ethernet
10. Default Frequency: 625M
Please note the following:
1. Power consumption figures will vary with your PSU's efficiency, the ambient operating temperature and the accuracy of the power meter. Figures provided are at the wall, with AC/DC 93% efficiency, and 25°C ambient temp.
2. PSU: A power supply unit is not included, and you will need to purchase one separately. There are 3 PCI-e connectors for +12V DC input on each hashing board and all 3 are required on each board. Do not connect more than one PSU to the same hashing board!
3. Separate power supply to control board: there is one additional 6pin PCI-e connector on the IO board which must be connected to the PSU to get power. If you use different PSU for hash boards and control board, please make sure to power the hash boards first and the control board only after the hash boards have been powered.
The APW3-12-1600-B2 power supply is recommended for use with the S7. One of these power supplies will support one S7.
Amazon Price: $31.95 $23.00 You save: $8.95 (28%). (as of December 15, 2017 13:51 –
From Publishers Weekly: Written by a Defense Intelligence Agency analyst, this is a straightforward examination of the structure, operations and methodology of the intelligence services of the People's Republic of China. Eftimiades describes how the Ministry of State Security–China's preeminent civilian intelligence-gathering entity–draws on the services of diplomats, commercial representatives, Chinese communities in overseas cities and students. (The People's Republic sends approximately 40,000 students abroad annually.) His analysis of the case of Larry Wu-Tai Chin, a longtime CIA employee who was convicted of espionage in 1986, reveals much about Chinese operations in the United States. Although Eftimiades cautions that the Ministry of State Security will continue to penetrate and exploit the political, academic, industrial and technological institutions of Western nations, he adds reassuringly that China's intelligence apparatus is hobbled by its own red tape and hindered by the stultifying bureaucracy of the Chinese Communist Party. Of interest mainly to specialists.
Amazon Price: $3.99 $3.99 (as of December 16, 2017 06:17 –
Information security does not have to be complicated. Vulnerability to cyber attacks can be significantly reduced if the basics are practiced. A clear understanding of the fundamentals can help ensure that adequate detective and protective controls are in place, and that a solid information security foundation is established. This book covers concepts and controls. It is a good primer for those new to the field, and a refresher for the more seasoned practitioner. It is for those who are tasked with creating, leading, supporting or improving an organization’s cyber security program. The goal is to help clear some of the fog that can get in the way of implementing cyber security best practices. The security controls that are discussed in these 100 concise pages are each assigned a maturity level. This helps the reader determine which controls are most appropriate for it’s organization. Maturity of a program is based on its age, the resources that are available to it, and the amount of leadership support it enjoys. Advanced controls are not appropriate for a newly-established program, for example. Reading this book will break down cognitive barriers. It will provide security practitioners the best practices necessary to detect and mitigate common and sophisticated attacks. Building a solid information security foundation does not have to be complicated. It can be achieved by applying the fundamentals of cyber security.
Amazon Price: $69.95 $69.95 (as of December 16, 2017 06:50 –
The Information Systems Security Officer's Guide: Establishing and Managing a Cyber Security Program, Third Edition, provides users with information on how to combat the ever-changing myriad of threats security professionals face. This entirely updated edition presents practical advice on establishing, managing, and evaluating a successful information protection program in a corporation or government agency, covering everything from effective communication to career guidance for the information security officer.
The book outlines how to implement a new plan or evaluate an existing one, and is especially targeted to those who are new to the topic. It is the definitive resource for learning the key characteristics of an effective information systems security officer (ISSO), and paints a comprehensive portrait of an ISSO's duties, their challenges, and working environments, from handling new technologies and threats, to performing information security duties in a national security environment.Provides updated chapters that reflect the latest technological changes and advances in countering the latest information security threats and risks and how they relate to corporate security and crime investigationIncludes new topics, such as forensics labs and information warfare, as well as how to liaison with attorneys, law enforcement, and other agencies others outside the organizationWritten in an accessible, easy-to-read style