With the continuous development of new technology, corresponding rules and regulations are bound to change as well. But just how much, and how quickly, becomes more and more uncertain every single day. In order to keep up with the government's legal adaptations, Recent Developments in Telecommunications Law provides you with an authoritative, insider's perspective on understanding how changes in technology, and the transitioning telecommunications network, impact FCC orders. Featuring experienced partners from law firms nationwide, this book offers you tips and tricks for counseling clients who both challenge and defend FCC orders, and helps you identify effective strategies for navigating FCC proceedings. Inside, you will find specific advice on examining rural call completion issues, protecting clients through petitions for reviews and appeals under Sections 402(a) and 402(b), and addressing the changing laws surrounding privacy and security. From outlining the net neutrality debate to monitoring the evolution of IP, cloud, and mobile technology, this book gives you expert analysis on the increased government regulation of telecommunications, as well as key strategies for educating clients on the heightened priority of regulatory compliance in this changing landscape. With this book, you will be better equipped to help your clients and hone your practice.
Inside the Minds provides readers with proven business and legal intelligence from leading C-Level executives and lawyers. Each chapter offers thought leadership and expert analysis on an industry, profession, or topic, providing a future-oriented perspective and proven strategies for success. Each author has been selected based on their experience and C-Level standing within the business and legal communities.
1. Christopher J. Wright, Partner, Harris Wiltshire & Grannis LLP-"Judicial Review of Communications Law Issues: Overcoming the Deference Paid to FCC Decisions and Trying to Use that Deference to your Client's Advantage"
2. Walt Sapronov, Shareholder, Sapronov & Associates PC-"Telecommunications in Transition: Regulatory Change, Compliance, and Transactional Implications"
3. David A. Damiani, Partner, Damiani & Damiani PC-"The Federal Communications Commission's Struggle with Rural Call Completion"
4. Colleen Boothby, Partner, and Patrick Whittle, Of Counsel, Levine Blaszak Block & Boothby LLP-"From the Enterprise Customer's Perspective: Five Critical FCC Proceedings"
5. Gail A. Karish, Partner, Best Best & Krieger LLP-"Local Governments Feeling the Effects of Current Trends in Telecommunications Law"
Appendix A: Negotiating Infrastructure Contracts (Part I: Data Centers)
Appendix B: Negotiating Infrastructure Contracts (Part II: Fiber Networks)
Appendix C: Bankruptcy Alert
Appendix D: Privacy and Broadband Contracts
Appendix E: Fact Sheet: Chairman Wheeler Proposes New Rules for Protecting the Open Internet
Appendix F: Ex Parte Notice
- Series: Inside the Minds
- Paperback: 144 pages
- Publisher: Thomson Reuters (September 1, 2015)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0314294031
- ISBN-13: 978-0314294036
- Package Dimensions: 8.4 x 5.7 x 0.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 4.8 ounces