All political and military conflicts now have a cyber dimension, the size and impact of which are difficult to predict. Internet-enabled propaganda, espionage and attacks on critical infrastructure can target decision makers, weapons systems and citizens in general, during times of peace or war. Traditional threats to national security now have a digital delivery mechanism which would increase the speed, diffusion and power of an attack. There have been no true cyber wars to date, but cyber battles of great consequence are easy to find. This book is divided into two sections – Strategic Viewpoints and Technical Challenges & Solutions – and highlights the growing connection between computer security and national security.
IOS Press is an international science, technical and medical publisher of high-quality books for academics, scientists, and professionals in all fields.
Some of the areas we publish in:
-Databases and information systems
-All aspects of physics
-The knowledge economy
-Understanding and responding to terrorism
- The Virtual Battlefield: Perspectives on Cyber Warfare (tobem.com)
- Conquest in Cyberspace: National Security and Information Warfare (tobem.com)
- Cyberpower and National Security (National Defense University) (tobem.com)
- National Defense Strategy – United States of America (tobem.com)
- Cyber Warriors at War (tobem.com)
- The Undeclared War: Class Conflict in the Age of Cyber Capitalism (tobem.com)
- Cyberspace and the Use of Force (tobem.com)