The global reliance on computers, networks and systems continues to grow. As our dependency grows so do the threats that target our military s Command, Control, Communications, Computers, Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (C4ISR) systems as well as the operational components and electronic controls for our critical infrastructure. Over the past decade we have experienced a substantial rise in the complexity and sophistication of cyber attacks as well as a frightening increase in the impact of some of the attacks. Every computer is a potential cyber weapon waiting to be loaded and used by extremists, criminals, terrorists and rogue nation states. As the world becomes more and more dependent on computers and information technology, the greater the risk of cyber attacks. Government and military leaders now face this fact and our critical systems and infrastructure remain at great risk! This risk has made the ability to defend these critical systems and direct cyber attacks core capabilities required for the modern military. In the age of cyber conflict, leaders need to understand the weapons and strategies used to wage this rapidly evolving type of warfare. This handbook will provide the background needed to understand the new world of cyber warfare, define the tools and techniques for offensive and defensive action, and provide insight into the strategies behind building a dynamic and relevant cyber warfare capability.
- Information Warfare: How to Survive Cyber Attacks (tobem.com)
- Surviving Cyberwar (tobem.com)
- Cyberwar and Cyber-attack: How is our strongest network at risk of becoming our weakest link? (tobem.com)
- Hybrid and Cyber War As Consequences of the Asymmetry: A Comprehensive Approach Answering Hybrid Actors and Activities in Cyberspace (tobem.com)
- Safeguarding Infrastructure from Cyber-terrorism: Measuring and Protecting SCADA (tobem.com)
Ever thought of using the time-tested tactics and techniques of a ninja to understand the mind of today's ninja, the hacker? As a penetration tester or security consultant you no doubt perform tests both externally and internally for your clients that include both physical and technical tests. Throw traditional pen testing methods out the window for now and see how thinking and acting like a ninja can actually grant you quicker and more complete access to a company's assets. Get in before the hacker does by thinking outside of the box with these unorthodox techniques. Use all of the tools that the ninja has at his side such as disguise, espionage, stealth, and concealment. Learn how to benefit from these by laying your plans, impersonating employees, infiltrating via alarm system evasion, discovering weak points and timing, spyware and keylogging software, and log manipulation and logic bombs. And, really, don't you want to be a ninja for a day just because they're cool? Let this book be your excuse!
- Use the tactics of a ninja such as disguise, espionage, stealth, and concealment to protect your company's assets
- Details unorthodox penetration testing techniques by thinking outside of the box and inside the mind of a ninja
- Expands upon current penetration testing methodologies including new tactics for hardware and physical attacks
With the rapid advancement of information discovery techniques, machine learning and data mining continue to play a significant role in cybersecurity. Although several conferences, workshops, and journals focus on the fragmented research topics in this area, there has been no single interdisciplinary resource on past and current works and possible paths for future research in this area. This book fills this need.
From basic concepts in machine learning and data mining to advanced problems in the machine learning domain, Data Mining and Machine Learning in Cybersecurity provides a unified reference for specific machine learning solutions to cybersecurity problems. It supplies a foundation in cybersecurity fundamentals and surveys contemporary challenges—detailing cutting-edge machine learning and data mining techniques.
- Unveils cutting-edge techniques for detecting new attacks
- Contains in-depth discussions of machine learning solutions to detection problems
- Categorizes methods for detecting, scanning, and profiling intrusions and anomalies
- Surveys contemporary cybersecurity problems and unveils state-of-the-art machine learning and data mining solutions
- Details privacy-preserving data mining methods
This interdisciplinary resource includes technique review tables that allow for speedy access to common cybersecurity problems and associated data mining methods. Numerous illustrative figures help readers visualize the workflow of complex techniques and more than forty case studies provide a clear understanding of the design and application of data mining and machine learning techniques in cybersecurity.
Dr. Ali Jahangiri, a world-renowned information technology (IT) expert, brings us the next must-have in IT training: Live Hacking, the definitive and comprehensive guide to computer hacking. Groundbreaking, insightful, and practical, this guide serves to inform IT professionals about and challenge existing conceptions of hacking, its victims, and its consequences, but with an eye to empowering prospective victims with the knowledge they need to thwart the criminal elements in cyberspace. Whether you work in a Fortune 500 company or if you're just looking to protect your home office from hackers, this book will provide you with all the information you need to protect your valuable information. Live Hacking is straightforward, easy to read, and a reference that you'll use again and again. It's the kind of book you'll want to keep in your back pocket! With a user-friendly writing style and easy-to-follow diagrams and computer screenshots.