Originally released in 1996, Netcat is a netowrking program designed to read and write data across both Transmission Control Protocol TCP and User Datagram Protocol (UDP) connections using the TCP/Internet Protocol (IP) protocol suite. Netcat is often referred to as a “Swiss Army knife” utility, and for good reason. Just like the multi-function usefullness of the venerable Swiss Army pocket knife, Netcat’s functionality is helpful as both a standalone program and a backe-end tool in a wide range of applications. Some of the many uses of Netcat include port scanning, transferring files, grabbing banners, port listening and redirection, and more nefariously, a backdoor. This is the only book dedicated to comprehensive coverage of the tool’s many features, and by the end of this book, you’ll discover how Netcat can be one of the most valuable tools in your arsenal.
* Get Up and Running with Netcat Simple yet powerful…Don’t let the trouble-free installation and the easy command line belie the fact that Netcat is indeed a potent and powerful program.
* Go PenTesting with Netcat Master Netcat’s port scanning and service identification capabilities as well as obtaining Web server application information. Test and verify outbound firewall rules and avoid detection by using antivirus software and the Window Firewall. Also, create a backdoor using Netcat.
* Conduct Enumeration and Scanning with Netcat, Nmap, and More! Netcat’s not the only game in town…Learn the process of network of enumeration and scanning, and see how Netcat along with other tools such as Nmap and Scanrand can be used to thoroughly identify all of the assets on your network.
* Banner Grabbing with Netcat Banner grabbing is a simple yet highly effective method of gathering information about a remote target, and can be performed with relative ease with the Netcat utility.
* Explore the Dark Side of Netcat See the various ways Netcat has been used to provide malicious, unauthorized access to their targets. By walking through these methods used to set up backdoor access and circumvent protection mechanisms through the use of Netcat, we can understand how malicious hackers obtain and maintain illegal access. Embrace the dark side of Netcat, so that you may do good deeds later.
* Transfer Files Using Netcat The flexability and simple operation allows Netcat to fill a niche when it comes to moving a file or files in a quick and easy fashion. Encryption is provided via several different avenues including integrated support on some of the more modern Netcat variants, tunneling via third-party tools, or operating system integrated IPsec policies.
* Troubleshoot Your Network with Netcat Examine remote systems using Netat’s scanning ability. Test open ports to see if they really are active and see what protocls are on those ports. Communicate with different applications to determine what problems might exist, and gain insight into how to solve these problems.
* Sniff Traffic within a System Use Netcat as a sniffer within a system to collect incoming and outgoing data. Set up Netcat to listen at ports higher than 1023 (the well-known ports), so you can use Netcat even as a normal user.
* Comprehensive introduction to the #4 most popular open source security tool available
* Tips and tricks on the legitimate uses of Netcat
* Detailed information on its nefarious purposes
* Demystifies security issues surrounding Netcat
* Case studies featuring dozens of ways to use Netcat in daily tasks
Click here to buy from Amazon
Amazon Price: N/A (as of September 20, 2019 18:53 –
Privacy is one of the most urgent issues associated with information technology and digital media. This book claims that what people really care about when they complain and protest that privacy has been violated is not the act of sharing information itself—most people understand that this is crucial to social life —but the inappropriate, improper sharing of information.
Arguing that privacy concerns should not be limited solely to concern about control over personal information, Helen Nissenbaum counters that information ought to be distributed and protected according to norms governing distinct social contexts—whether it be workplace, health care, schools, or among family and friends. She warns that basic distinctions between public and private, informing many current privacy policies, in fact obscure more than they clarify. In truth, contemporary information systems should alarm us only when they function without regard for social norms and values, and thereby weaken the fabric of social life.
Amazon Price: $69.95 $48.97 You save: $20.98 (30%). (as of September 21, 2019 04:06 –
The Information Systems Security Officer's Guide: Establishing and Managing a Cyber Security Program, Third Edition, provides users with information on how to combat the ever-changing myriad of threats security professionals face. This entirely updated edition presents practical advice on establishing, managing, and evaluating a successful information protection program in a corporation or government agency, covering everything from effective communication to career guidance for the information security officer.
The book outlines how to implement a new plan or evaluate an existing one, and is especially targeted to those who are new to the topic. It is the definitive resource for learning the key characteristics of an effective information systems security officer (ISSO), and paints a comprehensive portrait of an ISSO's duties, their challenges, and working environments, from handling new technologies and threats, to performing information security duties in a national security environment.Provides updated chapters that reflect the latest technological changes and advances in countering the latest information security threats and risks and how they relate to corporate security and crime investigationIncludes new topics, such as forensics labs and information warfare, as well as how to liaison with attorneys, law enforcement, and other agencies others outside the organizationWritten in an accessible, easy-to-read style
Amazon Price: N/A (as of October 9, 2015 12:30 –
Identity Theft protection is becoming a greater challenge each day.
NEWLY UPDATED for 2015, Cyber Security, Safety and Privacy provides over 65 Vital Security Tips for protecting your personal privacy and security against Identity Theft.
Continue reading “CyberSecurity, Safety and Privacy: 60 Vital Tips to Help Protect Your Personal Security, Identity and Privacy”
Amazon Price: $9.99 $9.99 (as of September 21, 2019 04:43 –
At the time this book is being written, economists and the media are predicting the next development in Bitcoin's meteoric rise, and waiting with bated breath for its fall. Some say investing in Bitcoin is better than investing in the stock market, while others say that Bitcoin is worth about as much as Monopoly money-that is, less than nothing. The truth is that the cryptocurrency market is a market that is still young. This book will not give you conclusive advice or predictions-nobody can see the future. What it will do is explain cryptocurrency concepts in a way that's easy to understand, and tell you how to earn money in a low-risk way.