Today, cyber security, cyber defense, information warfare and cyber warfare issues are among the most relevant topics both at the national and international level. All the major states of the world are facing cyber threats and trying to understand how cyberspace could be used to increase power.
Through an empirical, conceptual and theoretical approach, Cyber Conflict has been written by researchers and experts in the fields of cyber security, cyber defense and information warfare. It aims to analyze the processes of information warfare and cyber warfare through historical, operational and strategic perspectives of cyber attack. It is original in its delivery because of its multidisciplinary approach within an international framework, with studies dedicated to different states – Canada, Cuba, France, Greece, Italy, Japan, Singapore, Slovenia and South Africa – describing the state’s application of information warfare principles both in terms of global development and “local” usage and examples.
1. Canada’s Cyber Security Policy: a Tortuous Path Toward a Cyber Security Strategy, Hugo Loiseau and Lina Lemay.
2. Cuba: Towards an Active Cyber-defense, Daniel Ventre.
3. French Perspectives on Cyber-conflict, Daniel Ventre.
4. Digital Sparta: Information Operations and Cyber-warfare in Greece, Joseph Fitsanakis.
5. Moving Toward an Italian Cyber Defense and Security Strategy, Stefania Ducci.
6. Cyberspace in Japan’s New Defense Strategy, Daniel Ventre.
7. Singapore’s Encounter with Information Warfare: Filtering Electronic Globalization and Military Enhancements, Alan Chong.
8. A Slovenian Perspective on Cyber Warfare, Gorazd Praprotnik, Iztok Podbregar, Igor Bernik and Bojan Ticar.
9. A South African Perspective on Information Warfare and Cyber Warfare, Brett van Niekerk and Manoj Maharaj.
10. Conclusion, Daniel Ventre
- Hardcover: 352 pages
- Publisher: Wiley-ISTE; 1 edition (May 14, 2012)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1848213506
- ISBN-13: 978-1848213500
- Product Dimensions: 6.4 x 1 x 9.5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Customer Reviews: Be the first to write a review