With the emergence of the internet new forms of crime became possible. From harassment and grooming to fraud and identity theft the anonymity provided by the internet has created a new world of crime of which we all must be aware. The threat of hackers reaches beyond the individual, threatening businesses and even states, and holds worrying implications for the world we live in.
In this enlightening account, Cath Senker unmasks the many guises that cybercrime takes and the efforts of law enforcement to keep pace with the hackers. She reveals the mysterious world of hackers and cybersecurity professionals and reveals a story that is both shocking and surprising. With chapters on political activism and human rights, Senker shows a brighter side of the darknet. For anyone interested in learning more of the world of cyber-criminals and their opponents, this is the perfect starting point.
- Publisher:Arcturus (September 12, 2016)
- Publication date:September 12, 2016
- File size:3241 KB
- Screen Reader:Supported
- Enhanced typesetting:Enabled
- X-Ray:Not Enabled
- Word Wise:Enabled
- Print length:194 pages
- Page numbers source ISBN:1784288683
- Best Sellers Rank:#1,073,762 in Kindle Store
- #156 in Viruses & Malware
- #185 in Censorship (Kindle Store)
- #350 in Online Safety & Piracy